BAC 7: Belgian Aeropress Championship 2018
Very proud to announce a 7th consecutive national Aeropress championship at Caffenation. This way we are the longest active organizer on earth. :-)
Friday evening 14 September 2018: Qualifications
Friday evening 21 September 2018: Finals
(note: If we don't have more then 27 participants we stick to just 1 evening: 21 September)
Hours, coffee, poster and judges will be announced later on the summer when subscriptions open.
For sure the winner wins a trip to the WAC in Sydney Australia in November 2018.
Here already the updated rules:
Also on the WAC website.
- The brewer used must be a genuine AeroPress. No other brewer may be used in the drink preparation.
- All three parts of a genuine AeroPress brewer must be used; the chamber, the plunger, and the filter cap. Aftermarket or non-genuine parts are not allowed.
- Ground coffee and water are the only ingredients allowed.
- Any type of filter is allowed, so long as it does not replace the filter cap itself (see rule #2). The filter can be made out of paper, metal, cloth, or any other material.
- Competitors are welcome to bring their own grinder, kettle, scales, water, or other equipment.
- If the Hosts have specified a competition coffee, this is the only coffee that may be used.
- Competitors must present a minimum of 150ml of brewed coffee, in the vessel provided.
- Coffees not presented within the time limit of 8 minutes will not be evaluated.
- Failure to comply with any of the above will result in disqualification.
Competitors must have the Belgian nationality or working in the Belgian coffee business for at least 1 year.