Best Caffenation Coffees of 2016
Espresso of the year 2016:
Great overall year, with Rwanda’s saltiness winning and Ethiopia as number one country. Centrals were not as good as the previous years.
- Rwanda Nyahibu VUNGA
- Burundi Kayanza MBIRIZI
- Ethiopia Yirgacheffe KONGA
- Ethiopia Jimma BIFTU GUDINA
- Equal 3 coffees: Colombia Tolima LAS BRISAS/Indonesia Sulawesi TANA TORAJA (crop 2015)/Kenya Kiambu WINDRUSH
Best Mr LGB blend was the current Sweet X-Mas
Filter of the year 2016:
The same winner here as last year, although it was cupping a tad less high. Average quality of African coffees was very high, but we were missing a 90+ in 2016.
Latin American/Central coffees disappointed with the exception of the Honduras crop.
- Kenya Nyeri KIRIAINI AA
- Kenya Nyeri KANGOCHO PB
- Ethiopia Sidamo SUKE QUTO
- Kenya Kirinyaga RUNGETO PB
- Honduras ORELLANA Natural