What's important for us?
For getting all these amazing flavors in your cup, it's very important we keep a focus on the following:
- 'In Season' means single-origin beans, which are no older than 10 months from the completion of the harvest. You'll taste the difference between fresh or old crop. (probably we dare to stay more flexible for Ethiopian, Kenyan or Vac Packed beans)
- 'City+ or Full City Roast' means Sweeter, with great balance in acid, aroma and complexity, but still with enough body. These roasts also give a longer shelf life, although we hope your bag is empty every week. :-)
- 'Freshly Roasted' : not only we like freshly ground; most coffees will get to your doorstep within a couple days after roasting.
- 'Specialty Coffee' : what's specialty and what's not? Tough one. For us 'Specialty Coffee' is coffee with a story, with something exceptional, not conventional, as clean as possible, gourmet, premium, 82+ points coffees (cupped on a 100 points scale).
- 'Coffee with a Story' : we guarantee some info about the bean, origin, country and taste.
- 'Correct Brewing' : on the bag, envelop or at the blog, you'll find brewing advise. The coffee will only taste as good as how you prepare it. Still have some questions; don't hesitate to ask us or one of our specialized dealers.
- 'Local' : the roasted coffee comes from Antwerp. Not from a factory far away. Not flown over with an airplane.
- 'Micro Roast' : all these coffees are roasted on a 25 kilo roaster, in which we roast 20 kilo (finished product) at a time. We believe this small scale roasting gives us deeper flavors. Yes, we are small, artisan, and focused on quality.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH US ON A PROFESSIONAL BASIS, visit our webshop for professionals.